The Guilford Foundation hosted its Annual Dinner & Awards Ceremony on Thursday, May 30th, under clear, warm skies at the Guilford Yacht Club. At the dinner, we awarded scholarships to nine Guilford High School graduating seniors to help offset the costs of their college education. The records of these remarkable students reflect their hard work and commitment to personal development and inspire hope in the future citizenry or our great town.GHS Scholarship Recipients
The nine students (as well as their colleges) are listed below next to their award:
- Elizabeth C. Adams Fund: Michael Albergo (Harvard University) and Sarah Gavagan (Maryland Inst. College of Art)
- Carl A. Balestracci, Jr. Humanitarian Fund: Samuel Belden (Fordham University) and Emily Ostrowski (New York University)
- Al and Gene Bishop Fund for Vocational & Industrial Arts: Paige Cascio (University of Vermont)
- Stuart D. Burt Fund: Jamie Serio (George Washington University)
- Stephen A. Looney Fund: James Mackey (Cornell University) and Carla Puchini (Roger Williams University)
- Elizabeth M. “Lizzie” Schwanfelder Scholarship Fund: Luke Summerlin (Washington University)
The Guilford Foundation salutes these community members and their families for this special recognition. TGF also gratefully acknowledges the Guilford High School Guidance Office for their work in identifying these students.
In addition, TGF thanks Kevin Lembo, State Comptroller, for providing Commendations to each of our scholarship winners.